Need/forgot a password?

Grants Help Fund Transportation for the Elderly and People with Disabilities

Bookmark and Share

The New York State Department of Transportation (NYSDOT) is accepting applications for the 2010 Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Section 5310 Grant Program, which provides federal funding to assist not-for-profit organizations and certain public bodies in purchasing vehicles to meet the transportation needs of elderly individuals and people with disabilities.

Section 5310 funding covers 80% of the cost of purchasing new buses; grantees are required to contribute the remaining 20%. This year, approximately $9.3 million has been granted to 88 organizations across New York State to purchase vehicles through the Section 5310 program.

All completed applications must be submitted to NYSDOT by May 4. Contact: Karen Roach

Published April 14, 2010