Eligibility & Selection Criteria
HANYS members are invited to nominate an organized volunteer or auxiliary program for one of the three award categories. Please note that HANYS member facilities may each submit only one nomination per year.
Recognition will be awarded to specific service areas, initiatives, or programs, not volunteer departments or auxiliaries as a whole. Nominations must meet the following requirements:
- The nominated auxiliaries or volunteers must be affiliated with an HANYS institutional member or health system; and
- The nominated area, initiative, or program needs to have existed successfully for at least two years (since September 2016) within a healthcare organization or a community the organization serves.
Nominations will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Volunteers need to play a substantial role in planning, developing, implementing, and maintaining the program;
- The program is creative and/or innovative;
- The program benefits the service recipients, the healthcare organization, and/or the community;
- The program could be replicated or adapted in another community or organization; and
- Outcome measures have achieved the stated goals.