Online registration for this event is closed.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call
518-431-7846 if you have questions about the event.
New York State Age-Friendly Action Community Downstate Recruitment Webinar
November 10, 2020
Registration is open to HANYS Members and Non-Members
With support from the New York State Department of Health and the Institute for Healthcare Improvement, HANYS is continuing the launch of our Age-Friendly Health Systems New York State Action Community, now actively recruiting for a Downstate Cohort.
The New York State Action Community will engage hospitals and health systems as they work to implement evidence-based, best practice interventions across four core elements, known as the 4Ms: What Matters, Medication, Mentation and Mobility.
The NYS Action Community will use IHI’s 4Ms framework of age-friendly care. The work will be completed in two cohorts: the Upstate Cohort will launch in November 2020, followed by the Downstate Cohort in February 2021. Participating teams will work together for about seven months to test and adopt the 4Ms framework to improve care and outcomes for all older adults.
This recruitment webinar will provide an overview of the Action Community and the benefits of participation with NYSDOH Health Commissioner Dr. Howard Zucker
Objectives: Facilities participating in the Age-Friendly Health Systems New York State Action Community will benefit from:
- support from national and state faculty, including trained quality improvement and experts in 4Ms age-friendly care;
- coaching and technical assistance, including regular team meetings and coaching calls, support to implement and test improvements, data collection, data analysis and real-time feedback on data, including sending monthly data so you can track improvements;
- access to the New York State Action Community website and Adobe Classroom — a virtual learning community that will be used to share resources and engage hospital teams in ongoing discussions;
- opportunities to connect with other participating teams to share strategies, identify lessons learned, overcome barriers and expedite the implementation of the Action Community goals; and
- the opportunity to build quality improvement knowledge and capacity that can be applied beyond the scope of this initiative.
- Howard Zucker, MD, JD, Health Commissioner, New York State Department of Health
- Loretta Willis, Vice President, Quality Advocacy, Research and Innovation, HANYS
- Angela Czarnecki, LNHA, Assistant Administrator and Director of Security, Volunteers & Hospitality Services, Jamaica Hospital Nursing Home Co. Inc.
- Noreen Bock, LCSW, Director of Social Work, Jamaica Hospital Nursing Home Co. Inc.
- Donald M. Berwick, MD, MPP, president emeritus and senior fellow at IHI (Pre-recorded remarks)
Thanks to generous support from the Fan Fox & Leslie R. Samuels Foundation, the New York State Health Foundation and the Health Foundation for Western & Central New York, there is no fee to participate in the New York State Action Community and teams will work at their own pace to implement the 4Ms.
For more information about this program, contact Dora Fisher, director, post-acute & continuing care services at email@example.com or (518) 431-7766.
If you have questions regarding registration, please contact Registration Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or (518) 431-7867.