New York's behavioral health system must continually adapt and innovate to advance patient care and meet the demands of transformative initiatives and requirements at the state and federal level. HANYS provides representation, guidance, analytics and education to assist our members as they navigate the complexities of the evolving behavioral health environment.
A taskforce comprised of more than 60 behavioral health leaders at hospitals and health systems statewide help guide HANYS’ behavioral health initiatives.
- Confidentiality of substance use disorder patient records – SAMHSA
- Medicare program; opioid treatment programs and physician fee schedule – CMS
- Non-discrimination in health and health education programs or activities – HHS, OCR
- Clarification of ligature risk interpretive guidelines – CMS
- Telemental health services – OMH
- Modifying HIPAA rules to improve coordinated care – HHS, OCR