January 5, 2018 News Headlines
- Statement by Bea Grause, President of HANYS, Regarding Governor Cuomo’s 2018 State of the State Address
- HTNYS Announces 2018 Board Officers
- Innovation Spotlight—Triple Aim: St. Catherine of Siena Medical Center Improves Patient Outcomes
Statement by Bea Grause, President of HANYS, Regarding Governor Cuomo’s 2018 State of the State Address
HANYS shares Governor Cuomo's pride in our healthcare system and his vision for improving the health of all New Yorkers.
We are pleased that the Governor has pledged to continue and expand the state’s investment in the areas of opioid addiction treatment, telemedicine, and rural health.
We also stand with the Governor in opposition to federal policies that will reduce healthcare coverage for consumers and reimbursement for providers.
New York State made the largest five-year gain of all 50 states in the 2017 America's Health Rankings report. We refuse to allow short-sighted federal policies to undermine this remarkable progress.
HANYS looks forward to continuing our work with the Governor, state legislative leaders, and other partners to improve healthcare and reduce costs.
HTNYS Announces 2018 Board Officers
Healthcare Trustees of New York State (HTNYS) is pleased to announce its 2018 slate of officers:
- Eric Allyn, Chairman, HTNYS, and board member, Auburn Community Hospital, Auburn;
- Robert Spolzino, Vice Chairman, HTNYS, and trustee, Board of Overseers, Northwell Health, Long Island;
- Susan Holliday, Secretary/Treasurer, HTNYS, and Past Chairwoman, URMC, Rochester; and
- Sharon Norton Remmer, Past Chairwoman, HTNYS, and board member, Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center, Patchogue.
Contact: Sue Ellen Wagner
Innovation Spotlight—Triple Aim: St. Catherine of Siena Medical Center Improves Patient Outcomes
St. Catherine of Siena Medical Center worked collaboratively with emergency medical services (EMS) providers to enhance their communication with emergency department (ED) staff and facilitate care in the ED. To learn more about this initiative and see the results, read the full story here. This story is just one of the many initiatives profiled on HANYS' NYS Triple Aim website that demonstrate how New York healthcare providers are improving population health, enhancing the quality of patient care, and reducing the cost of healthcare despite fiscal constraints.