November 13, 2020 News Headlines
- WCB informational webinars for healthcare providers
- Member Spotlight: University Hospital of Brooklyn’s Arthur Ashe Institute curbs the spread of HIV in the community
- Upcoming events
WCB informational webinars for healthcare providers
The Workers’ Compensation Board is offering informational webinars about OnBoard: Limited Release. Each one-hour session will cover an overview and timeline for the program as well as how providers can prepare and train for its use. Register online for the Nov. 16, 9:30-10:30 a.m. or Nov. 17, 1-2 p.m. session. Contact: Vic Aufiero
Member Spotlight: University Hospital of Brooklyn’s Arthur Ashe Institute curbs the spread of HIV in the community
In the U.S., a disproportionate majority of new HIV infections falls on young minorities, making HIV prevention among this population a high priority but one that has gone historically unaddressed. In 2018, the Arthur Ashe Institute for Urban Health — a community partner of the University Hospital of Brooklyn located at the hospital — began their Ready Set PrEPare initiative to tackle the growing number of HIV infections.
Read our full story to learn more about this initiative and its results.
This story is just one of the many initiatives profiled on HANYS' Member Spotlight website that demonstrate how New York healthcare providers are investing in forward-looking initiatives that improve care quality and health outcomes.
- Nov. 17: The Board’s Role in Health Equity Initiatives
- Nov. 18: Digital tools to improve patient engagement and experience
- Nov. 18: Complex Case Discharge Delay Learning Series Navigating the Guardianship Process
- Nov. 19: Engaging Payers in Alternative Payment Models
- Nov. 20: Government Relations Advocacy Strategy Session
- Dec. 1 - Mar. 23: Quality Residency Virtual Program
See all our current offerings in our events listing.