HANYS responds to congressional task force RFI on rural and underserved communities
Last week, HANYS responded to the House Ways and Means Committee Rural and Underserved Committees Task Force RFI regarding priority topics affecting health status and outcomes. Specifically, HANYS encouraged task force members to advance several proposals aimed at improving healthcare outcomes in rural and underserved communities, including:
- bolstering graduate medical education funding;
- rejecting site-neutral payment reductions;
- preserving rural and small community hospital payments/programs;
- enabling expanded use of telemedicine; and
- promoting strategies to address social determinants of health.