Online registration for this event is closed.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call
518-431-7846 if you have questions about the event.
Active Shooter Planning Forum
June 16, 2016
9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
HANYS will host an active shooter forum featuring the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness, Federal Bureau of Investigation, New York State Division of Homeland Security, Erie County Medical Center, and Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Center.
Forum participants will hear about resources and planning efforts of federal and state agencies, learn considerations for practical application from two New York State hospitals, and participate in a dialogue with partners in an effort to enhance active shooter preparedness in hospitals and nursing homes.
Lunch is included. A videoconference will be available for those unable to attend in person.
- Current and potential threats in New York State.
- Active shooter incident planning and healthcare emergency operation plans.
- Multi-agency plans and resources for New York State healthcare facilities.
- Lessons learned from two hospitals with active shooter events.
- Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Center: Denise Davis, Director of Security Services
- Erie County Medical Center: Daniel P. McCartan, R.N., M.S., C.N.S., Emergency Preparedness Coordinator
- HHS Office of the Assistance Secretary for Preparedness and Response: Kevin Horahan, J.D., M.P.H., Deputy Division Director
- Federal Bureau of Investigation: Special Agent Thomas Stewart, WMD Coordinator
- NYS Division of Homeland Security & Emergency Services: William T. Bowen, Critical Infrastructure Analyst; Jeff Rizzo, Intelligence Analyst
Login instructions will be emailed on June 14 to registrants who choose to participate by videoconference.
Continuing Education Credits
There are no Continuing Education Credits associated with this Webconference.
Please register online by June 14. If you have questions regarding registration please contact Registration Support at email@example.com or at (518) 431-7867.