HANYS Diversity and Inclusion Leadership Development Scholarships
HANYS is committed to systematically and intentionally closing economic, age, racial, gender, ability and other health gaps in every New York community. Closing these gaps enables individuals to achieve optimal health through the delivery of equitable health services.
As part of HANYS ongoing effort to improve health equity and with support from the Mother Cabrini Health Foundation, we are pleased to offer the following leadership development scholarship opportunities:
- One (1) scholarship for HANYS Cornell Academy for Healthcare Leadership Advancement, to be held virtually, beginning in September 2021 (valued at $4,950)
- Two (2) scholarships for the eCornell Diversity and Inclusion Certificate Program to be completed online before Dec. 31, 2021 (valued at $3,600 each)
Applicants must be a current full-time employee at a HANYS member organization.
HANYS Cornell Academy for Healthcare Leadership Advancement applicants must identify as an underrepresented population.
eCornell Diversity and Inclusion Certificate program applicants who identify as an underrepresented population in healthcare leadership will be given preference.
For the purposes of these scholarships, “underrepresented populations” are those protected classes identified in New York State Human Rights Law, including (but not limited to):
- Sex, gender identity or expression
- Sexual orientation
- National origin
How to Apply
Complete the online application by Friday, July 30.
Note, the online application includes:
- a personal essay (up to 500 words) explaining your commitment to health equity, relevant past work in this area and how your participation would contribute to HANYS goal of improving health equity; and
- a letter of recommendation from your supervisor or a member of your organization’s leadership team.
All applications will be reviewed by a selection committee comprised of experts in health equity. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their request in mid-August.
Scholarship winners will be selected based on their merits of eligibility, personal essay, letter of recommendation and the potential impact of the award on the applicant’s career goals.
The winner of the HANYS Cornell Academy for Healthcare Leadership Advancement will receive a registration code to be used during the online registration process.
The winners of the eCornell Diversity and Inclusion Certificate program will receive complementary tuition, paid directly by HANYS upon completion of enrollment.
Questions should be directed to Christina Miller-Foster, senior director, Quality Advocacy, Research and Innovation.