Guidelines and Requirements
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Hospital Core Elements of Antibiotic Stewardship
- Long-term Care Facilities Core Elements of Antibiotic Stewardship
- Outpatient Core Elements for Antibiotic Stewardship
Infectious Disease Society of America (IDSA)/Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America (SHEA)
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- 42 Code of Federal Regulations § 482.42 require antibiotic stewardship programs to be led by a qualified individual, adhere to nationally recognized guidelines and best practices and reflect the scope and complexity of services provided. Details can be found on page 48 (51779) of the rule.
- 42 Code of Federal Regulations § 483.80 CMS require Long-term care facilities to put in place antibiotic stewardship programs.