Successful Reimbursement for Nursing Home Physician Services - A Documentation, Coding, and Billing Webinar - Recording
January 21, 2015
Registration is open to all New York nursing facilities.
6 - 7:30 p.m.
Payment for physician services delivered in nursing homes has been a misunderstood and challenging goal to achieve for many providers. Join us for this free, statewide webinar on the rules and regulations that govern the reimbursement policies for payment of physician services delivered in a nursing home. This webinar will provide practical tools and resources for physicians writing supporting medical record documentation and the appropriate coding and billing practices necessary for reimbursement.
This webinar is presented with the support of the Medical Direction and Medical Care in Nursing Homes, Education, Training, and Technical Assistance (ETTA) project.
Following the program attendees will be able to:
- identify the rules and regulations for documentation, coding and billing physician services delivered in nursing homes;
- apply the rules and regulations in order to document, code, and bill appropriately for physician services;
- discuss applicable nursing home Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) codes; and
- identify special medical services situations in nursing homes such as those involving non-physician practitioners.
Leonard Gelman, M.D., C.M.D., President, the American Medical Directors Association (AMDA) – Society for Post-Acute and Long Term Care Medicine. Dr. Gelman graduated from the University Brussels Medical School, in Brussels, Belgium in 1983. He did his post-graduate internship and residency at St. Clare’s Hospital in Schenectady. In addition to his AMDA responsibilities, he specializes in Family Medicine and Internal Medicine and is currently a practicing medical director in two upstate nursing facilities, and a long time member and past president of the New York Medical Directors Association.
Who should attend
- Nursing Home Medical Directors
- Attending Physicians
- Nursing Home Administrators
- Coding and Billing Specialists
- Quality Assurance Professionals
- Chief Financial Officers
- Reimbursement Directors
Continuing Education credits for this program are pending for nursing home administrators.
Login instructions and program materials will be emailed to registrants on January 20.
Registration deadline is January 20. If you have questions regarding registration please contact Registration Support at email@example.com or at (518) 431-7867.