Online registration for this event is closed.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call
518-431-7846 if you have questions about the event.
2018 Healthcare Law Review - Recording
June 14, 2018
Registration is open to HANYS Members and Non-Members.
Join HANYS, Medical Liability Mutual Insurance Company (MLMIC), and Fager Amsler Keller & Schoppmann, LLP on Thursday, June 14, at 10:30 a.m. for our 2018 Healthcare Law Review.
This 60-minute, complimentary webinar will provide an overview of recent legal developments that impact healthcare delivery, with a special focus on the effects of Lavern’s Law.
In terms of liability, New York State is one of the most challenging venues for the practice of medicine. Recent legislative and case law developments have made liability concerns even greater for healthcare providers and facilities.
Awareness of these changes and applying strategies to mitigate risks may assist in reducing liability exposure and help protect your organization.
This webinar will cover:
- the effects of Lavern’s Law and risk management strategies that can address the extended statute of limitations for failure to diagnose cancer;
- the amendment that expands the possible venues where a lawsuit can be filed;
- recent court decisions involving a physician’s duty to non-patients, wrongful birth, continuous treatment, discovery of Facebook accounts, and discrimination in the workplace;
- the liability of resident physicians in two recent court decisions;
- the New York State DOH treatment guidelines for prescribing antibiotics to adult and pediatric patients, and how clinical guidelines differ from the standard of care; and
- recognize the risks of altering information in a patient’s medical record.
Login and Event Materials
Login details will be automatically emailed upon registration. Handouts and session slides will be available for download during the session (when available).
Please register online by June 12 in order to receive any necessary updates/information about this event.
If you have questions regarding registration please contact Registration Support at email@example.com or at (518) 431-7867.