Online registration for this event is closed.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call
518-431-7846 if you have questions about the event.
HANYS Opioid Lunch and Learn Series: Improving Pain Management in the ED; Addressing the Opioid Epidemic
October 11, 2018
Noon - 1 p.m.
Registration is open to HANYS Members and Non-Members
HANYS’ Statewide Opioid Addiction Prevention and Management Collaborative supports members’ efforts to improve the delivery of care to patients experiencing opioid addiction and manage the care of patients with substance use disorders. Our Opioid Lunch and Learn sessions focus on key themes identified through member feedback in the regional roundtable sessions, including alternative pain management, coordination of care, data implications, stigma, and prescribing practices and protocols.
Thursday, October 11: Improving Pain Management in the ED; Addressing the Opioid Epidemic
Featured Presenter: John P. Savage, CMPE, PMP, Director, Quality Improvement and Patient Safety, Colorado Hospital Association
This webinar will provide attendees with an overview of the epidemic, outline the Colorado ALTO Project, and describe 2017 pilot results, which resulted in a 36% reduction in opioid administrations across the full spectrum of care settings (CAHs, rural, metropolitan & all trauma designations). It will also summarize the Colorado Hospital Association’s statewide rollout efforts and provide tools and resources that can be used in hospitals in New York State.
At the end of the webinar, participants will be able to:
- understand the basic contributing factors and scale of the opioid epidemic;
- comprehend the applicability of Colorado ALTO Project principles to diverse ED settings;
- apply and assess available change management tools to implement alternative to opioid principles in the ED setting; and
- synthesize information and determine appropriate next steps for dissemination of an ALTO ED initiative.
Don’t miss registering for these additional Opioid Lunch and Learn sessions:
- Thursday, November 15: Information Age Approaches to the Opioid Epidemic
- Thursday, December 13: Improving Buprenorphine Induction and Monitoring in Hospital and Outpatient Settings
Continuing Education Credits
There are no continuing education credits associated with this Webconference.
Login and Event Materials
Login details will be automatically emailed upon registration. Handouts and session slides will be available for download during the session (when available).
Please register online two days prior to the scheduled webinar to receive any necessary updates/information about these events.
If you have questions regarding registration please contact Registration Support at email@example.com or at (518) 431-7867