Online registration for this event is closed.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call
518-431-7846 if you have questions about the event.
HANYS/MLMIC Webinar: Managing Your Social Media Presence
Postponed until further notice.
HANYS is postponing this event so our members can focus on the immediate need of providing care. The event will be updated as soon as new dates are available. For the most up-to-date information, check our events listing.
If you are currently registered for this or other HANYS events, you will receive a message from email@example.com with details specific to your registration. Please direct any questions about events to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration is open to HANYS Members and Non Members
Description: Join MLMIC and HANYS to learn how to optimize the benefits of social media while addressing its risks. Using social media enables healthcare providers to better market their services and share important medical information with current and prospective patients. It provides new opportunities for building and maintaining physician-patient relationships.
However, concerns associated with its use include advertising risks, breaches of patient confidentiality, inappropriate use and distraction in the workplace and negative online posts and reviews by patients.
Objectives for this session are:
- understand the current use of social media in healthcare;
- analyze the positive aspects and pitfalls of social media;
- describe the appropriate use of social media in marketing;
- formulate approaches to address negative patient reviews posted online;
- evaluate the potential legal implications of social media on patient privacy and confidentiality; and
- select strategies to develop and monitor social media policies.
Michael J. Schoppmann, Esq., president of MLMIC Insurance Company
Continuing Education Credits
There are no continuing education credits associated with this webinar.
If you have questions regarding registration please contact Registration Support at email@example.com or at (518) 431-7867.