Online registration for this event is closed.
Please contact email@example.com or call
518-431-7846 if you have questions about the event.
MLMIC Managing Your Social Media Presence - Recording
August 12, 2020
Noon - 1 p.m.
Registration is open to HANYS Members and Non Members
Learn how to optimize the benefits of social media while addressing its risks at Managing Your Social Media Presence. During this 60-minute, complimentary webinar, Michael J. Schoppmann, Esq., president of MLMIC Insurance Company, will review the unique benefits and appropriate use of social media in healthcare. He will also address associated liability issues and offer strategies to minimize risks.
Using social media enables healthcare providers to better market their services and share important medical information with current and prospective patients. It provides new opportunities for building and maintaining physician-patient relationships.
However, concerns associated with its use include advertising risks, breaches of patient confidentiality, inappropriate use and distraction in the workplace and negative online posts and reviews by patients.
After completing this program, you will be able to:
- understand the current use of social media in healthcare;
- analyze the positive aspects and pitfalls of social media;
- describe the appropriate use of social media in marketing;
- formulate approaches to address negative patient reviews posted online;
- evaluate the potential legal implications of social media on patient privacy and confidentiality; and
- select strategies to develop and monitor social media policies.
Continuing Education Credits
There are no continuing education credits associated with this webinar.
If you have questions regarding registration please contact Registration Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (518) 431-7867.