Online registration for this event is closed.
Please contact email@example.com or call
518-431-7867 if you have questions about the event.
New York State Age-Friendly Action Community Recruitment Webinar
August 11, 2020
2 - 3 p.m.
Registration is open to HANYS Members and Non-Members
HANYS is launching an Age-Friendly Health Systems New York State Action Community this fall to transform the care delivered to older adults, with support from DOH and the Institute for Healthcare Improvement.
The NYS Action Community will engage hospitals and health systems as they work to implement evidence-based, best practice interventions across four core elements, known as the “4Ms”: What Matters, Medication, Mentation and Mobility.
The NYS Action Community will use IHI’s 4Ms framework of age-friendly care. The work will be completed in two cohorts: the Upstate Cohort will launch in November 2020, followed by the Downstate Cohort in February 2021. Note: The Aug. 11 recruitment webinar is open to providers in all regions of the state. While we are starting the Downstate Cohort of this project in 2021 to allow more time for recovery, downstate health systems that would like to participate in the Upstate Cohort are welcome to join should they feel ready to do so.
Participating teams will work together for about seven months to test and adopt the 4Ms framework to improve care and outcomes for all older adults.
This recruitment webinar will provide an overview of the Action Community and the benefits of participation.
Objectives: Facilities participating in the Age-Friendly Health Systems New York State Action Community will benefit from:
- support from national and state faculty, including trained quality improvement professionals and experts in 4Ms age-friendly care;
- regular team meetings and coaching calls, support to implement and test improvements, data collection, data analysis and real-time feedback on data, including sending monthly data so you can track improvements;
- access to the New York State Action Community website and Adobe Classroom — a virtual learning community that will be used to share resources and engage hospital teams in ongoing discussions;
- opportunities to connect with other participating teams to share strategies, identify lessons learned, overcome barriers and expedite the implementation of the Action Community goals; and
- the opportunity to build quality improvement knowledge and capacity that can be applied beyond the scope of this initiative.
- Donald M. Berwick, MD, MPP, president emeritus and senior fellow, Institute for Healthcare Improvement
- Ronette Wiley, RN, BSN, MHSA, CPPS, executive vice president and chief operating officer, Bassett Medical Center
- Samantha Belden, director of nursing quality, Bassett Medical Center
- Loretta Willis, vice president, quality advocacy, research and innovation, and post-acute and continuing care, HANYS
Thanks to generous support from the Fan Fox & Leslie R. Samuels Foundation, the New York State Health Foundation and the Health Foundation for Western and Central New York, there is no fee to participate in the New York State Action Community and teams will work at their own pace to implement the 4Ms.
For more information about this program, contact Dora Fisher, director, post-acute & continuing care services at firstname.lastname@example.org or (518) 431-7766.
If you have questions regarding registration, please contact Registration Support at email@example.com or (518) 431-7867.