HANYS Workforce Update: We're Here to Help and Adaptive Workforce Solutions - Webconference
July 31, 2020
11 a.m. - noon
Registration is open to HANYS Members and Non Members
When COVID-19 ravaged through the New York metropolitan area and hospitals statewide started grappling with the challenges of this pandemic, many states in other parts of the country offered help. Returning the favor is the New York thing to do.
We learned this spring, helping employees move from one facility to another during a pandemic even within the state of New York is extremely complex. Sending willing employees across the country during a pandemic is even more challenging.
On this call, HANYS will share and discuss resources available on our We're Here to Help website, including:
- guides to support efficient and thorough conversations between the administrations of sending and receiving hospitals;
- checklists for willing employees and hospital HR administrators to facilitate complete information transfer, clear travel instructions and more;
- sample communications to potential volunteers; and
- links to up-to-date information on the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on patients, hospitals and communities.
Adaptive Workforce Solutions, a HANYS partner that is supporting logistics for relief workers, will discuss how to reduce the significant cost of contract labor and to ensure you have the appropriate staff you need.Healthcare providers’ labor costs have skyrocketed amid the ongoing workforce shortage and, more recently, with the high demand for clinicians during the COVID-19 pandemic. Data from 2019 show the total spend on contract labor for hospitals and health systems in the United States is about $28 billion and New York hospitals and health systems represent approximately $1.3 billion of that contract labor spend.
Adaptive Workforce Solutions offers a collaborative approach to developing workforce solutions tailored to your staffing goals and business objectives. AdaptiveWFS acts as an advocate for your organization, overseeing the entire contract labor process from start to finish and ensuring that your staffing goals are met through a fully transparent and vendor-neutral approach.
- Evan Brooksby, director, policy analysis and special projects, HANYS
- Beth Delricco, director, business development, Adaptive Workforce Solutions
- Julie O’Keefe, executive vice president, Adaptive Workforce Solutions
If you have questions regarding registration, please contact Registration Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (518) 431-7867.