Complex case discharge delay learning series
June 23 & Aug. 25
This event is open to HANYS members and non-members.
HANYS is pleased to continue our Complex Case Discharge Delay Learning Series with three sessions:
- The Family Healthcare Decision Act and Article 17A guardianship
- Partners in the community
- Insurance eligibility and authorization
During these webinars, experts will provide an overview of strategies to navigate discharge obstacles and help facilitate timely discharge.
This series highlights solutions to help hospitals address the myriad of issues associated with complex case discharge delays. It features themes highlighted in our white paper including guardianship issues, best practices for emergency departments caring for individuals with intellectual disabilities and immigration and legal status.
Partnering with community organizations | June 23
- Deb Faust, Director, Family Engagement and Co-Director, Building Connections, Mental Health Association in New York State, Inc.
- Michele Horan, Chief Operating Officer, Alliance for Better Health
- Ebony Pengel, Director, Operations, Alliance for Better Health
- Ben Riker, YVM Youth Recovery Program Coordinator, Friends of Recovery – New York
Insurance eligibility and authorization | Aug. 25
- Julie Brandfield, Esq, Associate Director, LegalHealth
All sessions will be held from 2 – 3 p.m. Choose which sessions you would like to attend during registration.
Recordings of previous sessions:
This session offers an overviews of Article 17A guardianship and the Family Healthcare Decision Act provided by Sheila Shea, Esq, director, Mental hygiene legal service, third judicial department, and Robert Swidler, Esq., vice president, legal services, St. Peter’s Health Partners.
University of Rochester Medical Center discusses integration of behavioral health services into skilled nursing facilities and establishing tele-ECHO clinics that connect URMC specialists with SNF sites across New York.
Leaders from Metro Community Health Centers in Bronx, New York and Center for Disability Services in Albany review levels of support available to individuals with I/DD, discharge obstacles and recommendations for transitions of care, including challenges unique to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Expert in guardianship, John Holt, JD, of Project Guardianship, provides an overview of guardianship in New York state and shares insight into navigating the process.
If you have questions regarding registration, please contact Registration Support at email@example.com or 518.431.7867.