Advancing Healthcare Excellence and Inclusion is a HANYS learning collaborative launched with generous support from Mother Cabrini Health Foundation.
AHEI equips hospitals and health systems with tools and support to identify and address healthcare disparities.
Through AHEI, HANYS provides education and support to help a select group of hospitals in the Mohawk/Hudson Valley, North Country and Downstate regions identify and address healthcare disparities, strengthen collaboration with community partners and execute local health equity priorities.
Participating hospitals receive dedicated project manager assistance, data analytics, marketing and communication materials and coaching — and they’ll learn from experts in health equity, hospital operations, diversity, equity and inclusion and coalition building.
With the support of a dedicated HANYS project manager, participating hospitals will:
- attend two virtual learning series led by expert faculty to learn data-driven strategies to reduce health disparities and evidence-based best practices in diversity, equity and inclusion;
- implement We Ask Because We Care to increase the accuracy and completeness of patient race, ethnicity, language, sexual orientation and gender identity data collection;
- adopt evidence-based, equity-informed clinical workflows to transform care delivery and improve patient outcomes and well-being;
- collaborate with local leaders and community-based organizations to develop a strategic plan to address urgent local priorities; and
- build quality improvement knowledge that can be applied beyond the scope of the collaborative.
HANYS’ commitment to health equity
In collaboration with our members, community-based organizations and other institutions and leaders, HANYS is committed to systematically and intentionally closing economic, racial and health gaps in every New York community. HANYS believes that closing these gaps will enable every individual to achieve optimal health through the delivery of equitable health services.
HANYS continues to take a strong, unwavering stance against any form of racism, bias and all forms of discrimination.
Contact our team at email@example.com or Morgan Black, MPA, director, advancing healthcare excellence and inclusion, at firstname.lastname@example.org.