AHEI is a HANYS learning collaborative launched with generous support from the Mother Cabrini Health Foundation.
HANYS’ new learning collaborative, Advancing Healthcare Excellence and Inclusion, equips hospitals and health systems with tools and support to identify and address healthcare disparities.
Through AHEI, HANYS will provide education and support to help a select group of hospitals in the Mohawk/Hudson Valley, North Country and Downstate regions identify and address healthcare disparities, strengthen collaboration with community partners and execute local health equity priorities.
Selected hospitals will receive dedicated project manager assistance; data analytics; marketing and communication materials; and coaching from experts in health equity, change management, hospital operations and coalition building throughout 2022. Participating hospitals will gain tools and resources to successfully identify and act on healthcare disparities, signaling their commitment to advancing health equity to staff and communities.
With the support of a dedicated HANYS project manager, participating hospitals will:
- attend a virtual learning series led by expert faculty and learn strategies for data-driven quality improvement to reduce health disparities;
- implement We Ask Because We Care to increase the accuracy and completeness of patient race, ethnicity and language data collection;
- adopt evidence-based, equity-informed clinical workflows to transform care delivery and improve patient outcomes and well-being;
- collaborate with local leaders and community-based organizations to develop a strategic plan to address urgent local priorities; and
- build quality improvement knowledge that can be applied beyond the scope of this collaborative.
HANYS Commitment to Health Equity
In collaboration with our members, community-based organizations and other institutions and leaders, HANYS is committed to systematically and intentionally closing economic, racial and health gaps in every New York community. HANYS believes that closing these gaps will enable every individual to achieve optimal health through the delivery of equitable health services.
HANYS continues to take a strong, unwavering stance against any form of racism, bias and all forms of discrimination.