HANYS Recovery and Preparedness Webinar Series: Healthcare Workers’ Preferences for Support and Sources of Distress - Webconference
February 1, 2021
3 - 4 p.m.
Registration is open to HANYS Members and Non Members
Description: Healthcare workers have dealt with extraordinary circumstances during this pandemic, spurring much-needed attention to their mental health. While there are more resources and options than ever before for people seeking mental healthcare, little is understood about the distress healthcare workers experience and their support preferences.
Marwah Abdalla, MD, MPH, will provide an overview of published research findings and work underway to support the well-being of healthcare staff responding to COVID-19.
Objectives: At the end of the presentation, participants will be able to:
- describe the psychological impact of COVID-19 among healthcare workers;
- recognize sources of distress;
- identify interventions preferred by healthcare workers within a large medical center in New York City; and
- discuss methods to mitigate the impact of sustained psychological distress.
Marwah Abdalla, MD, MPH, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Columbia University Medical Center; Director of Cardiac Intensive Care Unit Education
HANYS Recovery and Preparedness Webinar Series
This webinar is part of the HANYS Recovery and Preparedness Webinar Series held on a Wednesday at 3 p.m. Additional sessions will take place as needed on Mondays at the same time.
The COVID-19 pandemic has forced healthcare organizations and providers to navigate unprecedented operational and clinical challenges. In both surge and recovery phases, healthcare organizations and providers need to re-evaluate their operations and plans for delivering care in a post-pandemic world. As they plan for the “new normal” while battling the second surge of COVID-19, healthcare leaders must consider their use of telemedicine, infection prevention and control practices, supply chain management and infrastructure changes. To assist with planning, the sessions will feature national and state experts to explore strategies and considerations for the critical phases of the pandemic.
Additional sessions are listed below— access recordings of past sessions and register for upcoming sessions online.
- January 13: Outpatient monoclonal treatment for COVID-19 from A to Z: Mount Sinai Health System’s experience
- January 20: Severe COVID-19 Infection and ARDS: Managing Patient Care
- February 8: Advancing Healthcare Professional Well-being During and After a Pandemic: Frameworks to Guide your Approach
- February 17: Healthcare Disinfection Methods for COVID-19 Pandemic Concerns
For more information about this session or the HANYS Recovery and Preparedness Webinar Series, contact Kathy Rauch, senior director, Quality Advocacy, Research and Innovation at 518.431.7718 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have questions regarding registration, please contact Registration Support at email@example.com or (518) 431-7867.