HANYS Recovery and Preparedness Webinar Series: Severe COVID-19 Infection and ARDS: Managing Patient Care - Webconference
January 20, 2021
3 - 4 p.m.
Registration is open to HANYS Members and Non Members
Managing the clinical care of patients with severe COVID-19 infection and Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome is key to optimal outcomes.
This webinar will focus on clinical care management and staffing team issues associated with treating severe COVID-19 patients with ARDS.
Objectives: At the end of the presentation, participants will be able to:
- understand clinical management of the severe COVID-19 ARDS patient; and
- gain insight into training non-intensive care unit clinicians to supplement staffing teams in the ICU.
Madhavi Parekh, MD, Assistant Professor of Medicine and Director, Medical Critical Care Education, Pulmonary, Allergy and Critical Care Medicine, Columbia University Irving Medical Center
HANYS Recovery and Preparedness Webinar Series
This webinar is part of the HANYS Recovery and Preparedness Webinar Series held on a Wednesday at 3 p.m. Additional sessions will take place as needed on Mondays at the same time.
The COVID-19 pandemic has forced healthcare organizations and providers to navigate unprecedented operational and clinical challenges. In both surge and recovery phases, healthcare organizations and providers need to re-evaluate their operations and plans for delivering care in a post-pandemic world. As they plan for the “new normal” while battling the second surge of COVID-19, healthcare leaders must consider their use of telemedicine, infection prevention and control practices, supply chain management and infrastructure changes. To assist with planning, the sessions will feature national and state experts to explore strategies and considerations for the critical phases of the pandemic.
Additional sessions are listed below— access recordings of past sessions and register for upcoming sessions online.
- January 13: Outpatient monoclonal treatment for COVID-19 from A to Z: Mount Sinai Health System’s experience
- February 1: Preferences for Support and Sources of Distress Among Healthcare Workers
- February 8: Advancing Healthcare Professional Well-being During and After a Pandemic: Frameworks to Guide your Approach
- February 17: Healthcare Disinfection Methods for COVID-19 Pandemic Concerns
For more information about this session or the HANYS Recovery and Preparedness Webinar Series, contact Kathy Rauch, senior director, Quality Advocacy, Research and Innovation at 518.431.7718 or email@example.com
If you have questions regarding registration, please contact Registration Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or (518) 431-7867.